BE AN INDIVIDUAL... MAN UP!!
This week's theme in Man Up!! ... Individualism...
We were not born to comply but rather we were born to question... it is through our education / indoctrination as children that we are taught to lose our individualism. This is a scary thing and in fact a modern day epidemic; an epidemic that is changing our world.
Gaining individualism means confidence in thyself and a healthy ability to question authority. Resistance is often necessary, within the right context of abuse, tyranny and frankly things that do not make "common sense."
Here are FIVE WAYS to become a "free-thinking" tough a*^ individual:
1. Read & Learn Daily... take handwritten notes while you engage in learning. As we continue to move to a nearly 100% digital age, it is much better to take notes by hand as it will trigger a greater retention rate.
2. Spend Time Alone Daily... at least 30 minutes per day will suffice. Chaos is around us at all time in our external world, which is difficult to manage at times. Our internal world can be peaceful and it is 100% under our control. Take time to be alone and disconnect from the external world.
3. Pray and/or Meditate Daily... preferably first thing in the morning. This bullet could fit in with spending time alone each day and it is the preferred method. Reaffirm your belief in yourself and God on a daily basis. The morning is a great time for a few reasons:
It starts your day on a positive note
Your subconscious mind is more moldable first thing in the morning, as a result of brain waves
Creating the feelings of gratefulness and thankfulness provides you with dopamine and other hormonal responses
4. Exercise Daily... for at least 30 minutes. 4-5 days per week it is best to increase that to 60 minutes or more but getting some form of exercises each day is a great way to work on your physical health.
5. Limit Media Each Day... keep it to under 1 hour per day. Traditional Media and Social Media are often the cause of anxiety, chaos and a feeling of lack. Limiting media will allow you to focus on yourself without allowing a "false" reality to overcome your thoughts and intentions throughout the day.
"Resist much, obey little; once unquestioning obedience, once fully enslaved; no nation, state, city, of this earth, ever afterward resumes its liberty."
- Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
#testosterone #nomoresoftness #manup #toxicmasculinity #men #teflonmentality